Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake Trifle

I used my fancy trifle dish for the first time! (Let's try not to remember how many years I've had it, nor why I spent $50 on it at one of those Southern Living parties to begin with...) Happily it turned out pretty and delicious!

I asked Dave what he wanted for dessert and he suggested a strawberry shortcake trifle. I didn't really know what I was doing but I winged it on the "recipe" and it was a success!

I layered half a package of strawberry Jell-o, cubed angel-food cake, half a package of cook-and-serve vanilla pudding, and fresh-cut strawberries and then repeated the layers. I refrigerated it overnight so it could all gel together and added whipped cream to each plate before serving. Easy and yummy!









13 comments:

  1. That looks delicious!!!

    -Kendall
    Songbirdsandbuttons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! That looks delicious! :) Thanks for sharing! :)

    from blank pages...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so yummy! And the trifle dish looks great to! Just hopping over from It's Fun to Craft.

    -Jenn
    cleanandscentsible.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog through links! Love your blog!
    If you ever need new recipes or want to be featured..than please come become a follower to see daily updates and email us if you would like us to feature you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm here from The Shabby Nest's Frugal Friday. That looks absolutely delicious! Now I'm craving something lovely like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMMY! Thanks for sharing it on Thrilling Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooohh...I love trifle. Oh this post make me so hungry. It look beautiful too.
    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks SO good! My hubs orders a fresh strawberry cake for my birthday every year.
    http://todayscreativeblog.net/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! I just found your blog and am so wrapped up into it! (BTW- I have the same trifle dish, but missed it while it was selling with Southern Living and found it on eBay!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you prepare jello or use it dry?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing. I will be making it for Mothers Day. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How do I get the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very vague instructions....do you prepare the jello & cube it in dish or do you mix it with stawberries & let it gel once in the dish?

    ReplyDelete